What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall pass through

Qui

I am installing a center console requiring custom throttle cables etc. I have decided to add another firewall pass through for at least a couple of these cables and was wondering where the best place to install it would be. ie would it be better to have a centered, lower pass through for maybe the throttle and mixture cable? I have not installed the engine yet (shortly) so I don't know about cable routing issues. The initial cable run would be at least 6" lower than the standard throttle position. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated

For what is is worth. I used the original pass thru ports for the push pull cables--right side for throttle and mixture and left side for prop and alt air. I have the FM-150, so I don't know where the cable would go for the standard setup.

I put all the wires through a ACS pass through Top center of the FW (https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/ssfirewallkit12-04762.php?clickkey=144406). It was not in the way of anything. I have all the wires come straight out and head left of right attached to the engine mount.

I figure that a cable would be more likely to need to be replaced then a wire, so I did not want wires in the way when replacing a cable.

just posted a picture on my FB page (see signature)

cheers

Back