What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman Exhaust

sjarrell

Well Known Member
Who has installed the Vetterman 4-2 exhaust that doesn't exit through the tunnel?

How did you address the tunnel opening? If you closed the tunnel opening did you experience any cooling issues?

Any pictures?

Is there any evidence that the Vetterman exhaust provides better performance than the stock Van's 4-1 exhaust? I'll have an IO390 Thunderbolt engine.

Thanks!

I had one that went through the tunnel but switched it for one that just exits the very aft of the lower cowl a few months ago.

I didn't do anything with the tunnel. The engine cools very well. Almost too well at times for me up in the North. Great in the summer everywhere.

No idea on the performance difference.

I do have pics on my site in my fall/winter update from 12/16/2019.

I had one that went through the tunnel but switched it for one that just exits the very aft of the lower cowl a few months ago.

I didn't do anything with the tunnel. The engine cools very well. Almost too well at times for me up in the North. Great in the summer everywhere.

No idea on the performance difference.

I do have pics on my site in my fall/winter update from 12/16/2019.

Thanks Tim. I'll take a look!

Best regards,

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has run a stock exhaust and then a Vetterman back to back and recorded power and performance numbers. I run the Vetterman 4 into 2 and left the exhaust tunnel open and empty.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has run a stock exhaust and then a Vetterman back to back and recorded power and performance numbers. I run the Vetterman 4 into 2 and left the exhaust tunnel open and empty.

Thanks Chris. I appreciate the input.

Best regards,

Back