A little over a week ago we made the BIG move to the airport. I had contemplated doing this a lot of different ways and ulitmately decided to hire a flatbed tow truck as you will see in the photos.
It turned out to be a real smart move. The width of the landing gear fit perfecdtly inside the rails of the bed of the truck. Plus, the owner operator was a real professional who had just the perfect gear to snug it down very securly for the 50 minute trip.
Here is another view that my wife took as we followed the truck up I-5. It was actually quite uneventful - thankfully!
I think I previously reported a heck of a time finding a hangar to rent. I finally found a 1/2 share of a 45' x 45' hangar at KTDO. It really turned out to be a super way to go and I am very thankful to have it.
Also, one point worth noting is that I struggled with the best idea on how to attach the lines from the tow truck to pull the plane up on the deck. I ended up using swimming pool noodle foam (that I bought at the aviation section at a local walmart) and cut them lengthwise and secured them above and below where I tied a 1/2 poly line that the tow truck could attach to. This proved as an excellent method. The foam kept the attachment from sliding up or down the gear leg and kept the line low enough so that it did not interfere with the cowl. I did not have anything attach to the nose gear. It went on great with zero difficulties.
There will be many trips to bring all the rest of the pieces and parts and tools to put this puzzle back together.
I have also had quiet a bit of flight instruction in two RV6A lately so things are getting done.